Please note the following important information:
- With the opening of new schools in the Western Wake County area, WES is no longer the traditional calendar option for Briar Creek and Turner Creek Elementary Schools. Also, with the conversion of Highcroft to a traditional calendar, WES is no longer an option for families who reside in that base area. Families should see these changes in their assignment slips. Some families may be eligible to stay at WES and apply for a transfer if the parent would like to provide transportation. Otherwise, if a family needs a traditional seat with bus service, your child will need to attend the new option that should be listed on that slip.
- Students who are capped out of Mills Park Elementary should note that the WCPSS school board has not yet taken action on the overflow options for next year. A formal assignment will be shared with families when that decision is made.
- Kindergarten Registration for next school year began today. Please note that you must register your child at his or her base school. We encourage you to do this ASAP as some school conduct kindergarten orientations in the springtime and you will need that date to plan ahead.
- Students in regional self contained classes and preschool programs will receive finalized assignments based on IEP meetings that are held in the spring.
- The magnet application period is now open. Information can be found on the WCPSS website.
- All transfer applications are now done online. The calendar and hardship transfer periods open in February after the magnet application window is completed. As its states in the pamphlets, if you are satisfied with your child’s assignment for next year as listed you do not have to do anything.